As I pillowed my head last night I realized that I’d slept approximately 2 hours the previous night. Then, due to traveling through some time zones, I was up for about 21 hours straight. I had a speaking engagement in that 21 hours along with a couple of flights. I started to think a bit about how tired I was and I started wondering about how long I can go on doing this sort of ridiculous schedule. I wondered that for about about five seconds there on that pillow and I have no memory of what happened after that. =) This morning I am back in the book of Jeremiah and, when I think about the dungeon of mire, the dank prison, the hunger—then the one piece of bread per day, the scoffing and the loss of those dear to him, I believe I’ll be okay here in this soft bed in this nice hotel room where gifts awaited my arrival, transportation was graciously provided, supper was prepared for us in a fellowship hall, and someone is coming to clean my quarters while I am out today. In fact, when I look at these prayers of Jeremiah, I think I’ll be okay till I reach the gates of the eternal home place. Here are the prayers. I’m glad we looked at the prayers of Jeremiah in our Digging Deep study. It was a much-needed exercise for me. He is one of the greatest men of scripture.
(…AndI hope, if you have fallen behind in your study, (as is easy to do), you won’t skip Jeremiah, because he will make you more fit for heaven!)
Digging Deep Study
Prayers of Jeremiah:
- 1:6 —The “I don’t think I can do this” prayer.
- 4:10—The “Lord, You said this, but do you really mean it?” prayer.
- 5:3—The “Lord, this is worse than I thought” prayer.
- 10:6-8–The “You can do all things” prayer.
- 10:23-25—The “Please correct me, but be patient with me” prayer.
- 11:20—The “Please avenge my enemies” prayer.
- 12: 1-4—The “How long will bad people prosper?” prayer.
- 14:13—The “But Lord, there are so many false prophets” prayer.
- 14:19-22—The “Is there no hope for Judah?” prayer.
- 15:15-18—The “Lord, pick me out and save me” prayer.
- 16:19—The “Gentiles will have their day” prophetic prayer.
- 17: 13-18—The “ Remember, I have been true to You” prayer.
- 18:19-23—The “ Please do something about this persecution” prayer.
- 20:7—The “I’m about done” prayer.
- 20:12—The” But You will make this right” prayer.
- 32:16—The “There is nothing too hard for You” prayer.
- 42:3—The “Can they start over?” prayer.