Several first-timers are asking for details about exactly how to do the Digging Deep study. Some have invited others (yay!) and these very significant “others” are needing the format for the study so they can begin with confidence. (Please do invite friends, especially your friends who are not Christians!) It’s so easy that it’s hardly worth a post, but, just in case you are overwhelmed with back-to-school, home-schooling or, better yet, congregational involvement overload, here it is: the study in a nutshell.
1. Every first day of every month beginning now, a new portion of the study will appear on the Digging Deep in God’s Word facebook group. That’s the place to find a concise copy of the current month’s study and the place to discuss the dig with others all over the world. Go there and see the discussion already happening! This year’s study has also been made available in a free download here and in a workbook called God of All Comfort also available in the store.
2. Be sure and join the Digging Deep for Encouragement Facebook group as well. That’s the place for any prayer requests that are unrelated to the study.
3. Try your best to pace yourself throughout the month so that you can finish each month’s study by month’s end.
4. Keep your notes digitally or get the Digging Deep workbook. Either works fine. You just need some place for notes!
5. Near the end of each month, there will be a live podcast discussing the month’s study. You will be able to type in your comments and questions in this chatroom and we will discuss them together: https://livestream.com/
6. You may optionally subscribe to this blog which will often, but not always, be an addendum to the study. It generally posts twice a week, usually on Mondays and Thursdays: https://thecolleyhouse.org/
7. The last podcast of the year will come to you live from ‘Polishing the Pulpit” during that annual conference that occurs each August. Those present who have completed the entire study (all reading, questions, podcasts, and challenges) will be recognized there.
8. Anyone who wants a Digging Deep t-shirt, be sure and order here. We have to have the shirt orders quickly so as to get them back from the company and get them in the packages with the books in time for you to do the September study!
We are always indebted to the elders at the West Huntsville church for their support and oversight. We are thankful for Jennifer Benavides for tech support and for every woman who co-hosts on our monthly podcast. But we are especially thankful for those of you who are committing to, persevering in and inviting to this year’s study. It’s not too late to invite friends. Most of all, we thank the Father through the Son for this great study from the Holy Spirit!
Free PDF Study Guides for previous years:
The Hour Has Come 2021-2022
The Ten 2020-2021
Great Escapes 2017-2018
In the Shadows 2016-2017
Persecution: For Righteousness’ Sake 2015-2016
Unto Thee O Lord Study 2014-2015
Knowing God Study 2013-2014
Sanctified Study 2012-2013
Bible Study 2011-2012