Here’s a riveting sneak peek into the Adam-Christ comparison for Thursday night’s podcast. I hope you can join us. It’s here: http://livestream.com/whcoc/for-women. It’s at 7 Central. It’s live. It’s interactive. (That means you should sign in and participate!) It’s Ellen Anderson and me. But mostly, it’s a great time very much devoted to time in the Word. Here you go. I’m sure you thought of things I do not have listed. Let’s compare notes!
Comparisons of Adam and Christ.
- Both had miraculous beginnings.
- Through the one, Adam, sin entered. Through the One, Christ, sin was overcome (Romans 5:12).
- Adam secured death. Christ secured life (Romans 5:17; I Cor. 15:21,22).
- Judgement came through Adam. The free gift came through Jesus (Romans 5:18).
- Through Adam, in a sense, men were made sinners. Through Christ men were made righteous (Romans 5:19).
- Adam was made a living soul. Christ was made a life-giving Spirit (I Cor. 15:45).
- Adam was “earthy”. Christ was heavenly (I Cor. 15:47).
- Christians bear the image of both Adam and Christ (I Corinthians 15:49).
- Both had side opened while obtaining bride (Genesis 2; John 19:33,34).
- Both of their brides had miraculous beginnings (Gen. 2; Acts 2).
- Both became heads of brides (Gen 3:16; Eph. 5:23).
- Both brides wore their names (Gen. 5:1,2; Acts 11:26).
Let’s talk, on the podcast, about which are types and which are antitypes. We’ll be sure we’re “good” on those definitions for future use. Let’s also talk about the personal-from-Satan temptation that both Adam and Jesus encountered…the scope of each of those temptations and the response of each man.
I’m also excited to hear about people you influenced for good, whose response to your influence was not immediate. This is not bragging. This is encouraging. I need this. Can’t wait for your input this month.
Finally, some Digging Deep sightings from around the country…at work, at home, at college, at the laundromat, at the hotel, in the stroller. Fun times!