Before the Blessing Trail:
Monday…not a very good day.
- I woke up with a pretty wicked head cold.
- Someone had cut my granddaughter’s, Eliza’s hair, in a perfectly awful zig-zag pattern. It was her first haircut.
- My son was going to be speaking on the FHU lectures and I was not going to be there.
- My big tinsel Christmas tree was still up in the living room. It was February 6th.
- My husband set the back lot on fire and the fire department had to come and put it out.
- I renewed my resolve to eat heathy, then immediately had a very stressful series of events. Then, I got a bit of sad news to top that off and I ate a half bag of kettle cooked potato chips.
- Someone said something very unkind about me.
- My dear friend lost his job.
- This was supposed to be our vacation, but once again, we are not going anywhere.
- My husband, instead of vacationing, was cleaning out the basement and going through boxes of things left behind by loved ones who’ve gone home. It was a sad kind of job and he was not himself.
After the Blessing Trail:
Monday…a very good day.
- I woke up with just a head cold. I know people who woke up with lung cancer, sepsis, and covid. I need to send some cards and a gift card or two! I have enough health (and money) to do that!
- Hair grows back out! Thank the good Lord it was just hair.
- My son is going to be speaking at the FHU lectures! He is good and soul-conscious, whether I am there or not!
- My big tinsel Christmas tree had lots of presents under it during the holiday. So blessed. And now it could turn into a red and silver Valentine tree!
- We have a great volunteer fire department and they practically had a men’s day in the back yard (firemen, neighbors and friends) when the fire was out. Great opportunity for evangelism.
- Everybody should be happy when there are kettle-cooked potato chips in the pantry. I’ve been to countries where such a temptation was completely unavailable. So rich. (But now that they are gone, I should wait a while before re-purchasing “for the kids “…maybe until they really are coming.)
- The “something unkind” was also untrue. Now, that’s a blessing.
- Before I could turn around, my friend who lost his job had secured better employment, from home, with no time without a paycheck.
- We have this warm, dry place to be together even if we are not going anywhere. Some people actually take a vacation right here with us or in our cabin. Plus, Glenn is getting the basement cleaned out this week. That is a huge undertaking that simply would not happen if we did not use Glenn’s week off to accomplish. We may even get off the “Hoarder’s Anonymous” mailing list this week!
- There are several deceased loved ones waiting for us in glory. Our basement is full of memorabilia, lots of which they saved with us, specifically, in mind. That’s because they loved us and thought ahead about us. Theres’a lot to which we look forward, in death! We will see the people and not the stuff. We will come to the full blessed realization that nothing matters except souls!
And if you want to see the “after,” here’s a good interpretation. I hope your weekend is this happy!