Last Friday night, we had a two hour prayer session as part of our West Huntsville women’s seminar. We prayed for many people. We prayed for doctors who are performing surgeries and families who are making decisions. Many prayers we prayed were in view of eternity and in behalf of lost people. One such young man was Alex.
Alex is Amy’s boyfriend and he’s been studying and thinking on the gospel of Christ. He has only a few months at home before he enters the military. We prayed that he would obey for all the right reasons and we prayed for wisdom for Amy as she makes decisions about their young relationship.
The good news is that Alex was baptized into Christ on Tuesday afternoon. I knew you’d want to rejoice with Amy and me.
Lots of things happened while Alex was underwater— in that “grave” of baptism, burying the old man of sin. Here are a baker’s dozen of them.
- His sins were remitted (Acts 2:38).
- His sins were washed away (Acts 22:16).
- He became saved (Mark 16:16).
- His name was written in the book of Life (Phil. 4:3).
- He put on Jesus (Gal. 3:27).
- He contacted the death of Jesus (Romans 6:3,4)
- He got into Christ (Romans 6:3,4).
- His conscience was washed clean (I Peter 3:21,22).
- He became a sanctified and holy man (I Corinthians 6:9-11).
- He became a royal priest (I Peter 2:5-9).
- He began a new life (Romans 6:4).
- He was added to the church of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:47).
- He was redeemed (bought back) by the blood of Jesus (I Peter 1:18-22).
Is there someone reading who would like to have the things Alex got while underwater? Would you like to have a clean conscience, even in a world full of the dirtiness of sin? I’d love to help you to the blood of Jesus—the blood which can make and keep you clean till you’re all done living here on earth. It’s the best kind of life. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.