Several first-timers are asking for details about exactly how to do the 2019-2020 Digging Deep “Glory” study. Some have invited others (yay!) and these very significant “others”are needing the format for the study so they can begin with confidence. (Please do invite friends, especially your friends who are not Christians!) It’s so easy that it’s hardly worth a post, but, just in case you are overwhelmed with back-to-school, home-schooling or, better yet, congregational involvement overload, here it is: the study in a nutshell.
1. Every first day of every month beginning now, a new portion of the study will appear on the Digging Deep in God’s Word facebook page. That’s the place to find a concise copy of the current month’s study and the place to discuss the dig with others all over the world. Go there and see the discussion already happening! This year’s study has also been made available in a free download here and in a workbook called “Glory” also available online at the store.
2. Be sure and join the Digging Deep for Encouragement Facebook group as well. That’s the place for any prayer requests that are unrelated to the study.
3. Try your best to pace yourself throughout the month so that you can finish each month’s study by month’s end.
4. Keep your notes digitally or get the Digging Deep workbook. Either works fine. You just need someplace for notes!
5. Near the end of each month, there will be a live podcast discussing the month’s study. You will be able to type in your comments and questions in this chatroom and we will discuss them together: http://new.livestream.com/
6. There’s also an audio podcast that happens four times each month. If you prefer to listen to those instead of watching the video podcast each month, find them here: https://thecolleyhouse.org/dig-a-bit-podcasts. Optimally, though, you can learn from both formats!
7. You may optionally subscribe to this blog which will often, but not always, be an addendum to the study. It generally posts twice a week, usually on Mondays and Thursdays: https://thecolleyhouse.org/
8. The last podcast of the year will come to you live from ‘Polishing the Pulpit” during that annual conference that occurs each August. Those present who have completed the entire study (all reading, questions, podcasts, and challenges) will be recognized there.
8 Anyone who wants a Digging Deep t-shirt, be sure and order here. We have to have the shirt orders quickly so as to get them back from the company and get them in the packages with the books in time for you to do the September study!
We are always indebted to the elders at the West Huntsville church for their support and oversight. We are thankful for Jennifer Benavides for tech support and for every woman who co-hosts on our monthly podcast. But we are especially thankful for those of you who are committing to, persevering in and inviting to this year’s study. It’s not too late to invite friends. Most of all, we thank the Father through the Son for this great study from the Holy Spirit!