First, If you’re in the Dig, take note: The Digging Deep Podcast is tomorrow night (Tuesday) at 7 p.m. Central Time. Join in if you can. We may be short on participation since some will be with family, so, if you are in between celebrations, be sure to be a part of this conversation! Digging Deep Nugget Night Link. Be sure to register, so you can phone in your comments. If you are not a part of the study, now is a great time to join. Next weekend we begin a new study called “Women of Troubled Times.” In my judgment, it’s extremely relevant to the American culture of 2012. I believe it’s a study that can challenge us to be better for Him in 2012.
1. Prayers for the safety of the travelers in your crew.
2. Excitement in your conversations about the works of your various congregations of His people.
3. Family devotionals with singing and prayer and discussions of scripture before bedtime.
4. Gifts, cards and wishes to and from your family in the Lord.
5. Funny, happy, sad and wonderful stories about great servants in the kingdom that your family has known.
6. Dinner table discussions about passages of scripture and their applications.
7. Gifts of commentaries, lectureship books, children’s Bible story books and recordings of hymns.
8. Delicious dishes prepared from recipes shared by sisters in Christ.
9. Hospitality extended to brothers and sisters in the Lord.
10. Filling up a pew or more at the worship service of the local church.
11. Kids working on projects for Bible class, Bible Bowl, Lads to Leaders or service projects with the youth group.
12. Messages, handwritten or verbal, telling your loved ones the spiritual character traits you admire about them and encouraging them to grow in faith and service.
13. Goodbyes when you part that everyone knows are not final, even if an accident or an illness steals a life before the next earthly reunion.
This is my wish list for you this holiday season. Blessings!