For those of you who are going to Polishing the Pulpit, I wish you safe travels, open hearts and God’s richest blessings of renewal as you go to the conference that has changed and enriched many lives in the relatively short time it’s been around. In fact, the indirect good done by the program is really quite inestimable, since every participant goes home to influence someone with the information learned and many go home to influence hundreds. I’m grateful to all those who work so hard to make this happen. Just today I have communicated with a couple of people in the PTP office, the people who are working so hard to make the children’s program so effective, a couple of the speakers, and several who are attending at great personal sacrifice. Could I just say you are encouraging me tremendously? So I’m turning all my wishes into prayers tonight for the ultimate good to come from our being together and the greatest filled potential when we all get back home. (And I cannot wait to hear you all singing!) For those who may not be going this year, but are interested in learning more, check out www.polishingthepulpit.com.
For those of you who are coming to the West Huntsville Purity Day, get your reservations in if you haven’t already. We are very pleased that we seem to have surpassed the 400 mark already and we are still getting reservations. A few of the most frequently asked questions:
- What ages are invited to this event? All ages of girls and women are invited. We are planning a class for all younger girls during the second session, which will be a more in-depth discussion of sexual purity, so feel free to bring your younger girls. Moms and mentors will decide who goes where during that session. And we do want moms and mentors to be there!
- Do girls who have signed up for housing need to bring sleeping bags? We are putting adults in beds first and then as many girls as possible, but, to be on the safe side, sleeping bags for teens and below are recommended. If you want to call, though, before you leave, we will let you know how it’s looking for your group. It’s hard to know, for sure, since the reservations are still coming in.
- Is there a charge for any of this? No. Everything is free. We will have t-shirts (They are really pretty.) on hand for those who might want to purchase them. There will also be some books related to our theme that you may purchase.
- Can I go online and register for this event? Yes. You may let us know on the facebook event: West Huntsville Purity Day. If you do this, be sure and leave contact info or message your contact info to me.
- We are coming a long way. Will there be any housing for Saturday night? Yes. If you do need housing for Saturday night, just be sure and let us know. You would be welcome to stay and worship with us at 9:00 am on Sunday or start your drive home and worship on the way. (We do have a great preacher, though. =)