Several first-timers are asking for details about exactly how to do the 2016-2017 Digging Deep study. Some have invited others (yay!) and these very significant “others”are needing the format for the study so they can begin with confidence. Lots of new groups and individuals are popping up all over the country and even internationally. It’s so easy that it’s hardly worth a post, but, just in case you are overwhelmed with back-to-school, home-schooling, PTP exhaustion, or, better yet, congregational involvement overload, here it is: the study in a nutshell.
- Every first day of every month beginning now, a new portion of the study will appear on the Digging Deep in God’s Word facebook page. That’s the place to find a concise copy of the current month’s study and the place to discuss the dig with others all over the world. Go there and see the discussion already happening! This year’s study has also been made available in a couple of forms in it’s entirety. One is, of course, the new study book that you can find here. But, as is true in every year, the whole study can be downloaded for free. Both formats are here: http://thecolleyhouse.org/store#!/Digging-Deep/c/20688312/offset=0&sort=normal
- Be sure and join the Digging Deep for Encouragement facebook group as well. That’s the place for any prayer requests that are unrelated to the study. We will try to put all of our news and prayer requests on this page for encouraging each other.
- Try your best to pace yourself throughout the month so that you can finish each month’s study by month’s end.
- Keep your notes digitally or on paper or in your official Digging Deep notebook. Either works fine. You just need someplace for notes!
- Near the end of each month, there will be a live podcast discussing the month’s study. You will be able to type in your comments and questions in this chatroom and we will discuss them together: http://new.livestream.com/whcoc/for-women All podcasts will be archived on this site, as well, so if you can’t listen live, you can listen later. It generally will occur on the last Tuesday of each month, but we will let you know the exact schedule well in advance on the podcast and on both of the facebook pages. The September and October dates are already posted on the DD Facebook page…September 29th and October 18th, so we’re already a bit off. All of our DD women are pushing big wagonloads of life right now, so the schedule may vary but, again, we will try and let you know in advance. Thanks for being patient. (If you want to go and listen to podcasts from other years, you may do that, too.) Our goal is to have more interaction on the podcasts this year than ever before, so we hope you will help us reach that potential of encouragement.
- You may optionally subscribe to this blog which will often, but not always, be an addendum to the study. It generally posts twice a week, usually on Mondays and Thursdays: http://thecolleyhouse.org/
- The last podcast of the year will come to you live from ‘Polishing the Pulpit”during that annual conference that occurs each August. Those present who have completed the entire study will be recognized there.
- I’m also excited to tell you that you can order a 4 CD set produced by way of introduction at PTP during the very first year of Digging Deep. The CDs contain tips and tools for getting the most out of this study, as well as an exegesis of the Hebrews writer’s admonition to be carnivorous (meat-eaters) in our study. Just call House to House/Heart to Heart at 1-877-338-3397 (toll free) and ask for the Digging Deeper CDs by Cindy Colley. The PTP team has put together this set, especially for the Digging Deeper Group, for only ten dollars. Several have already ordered and I understand the sets will ship immediately. Be sure to say that you would like the Digging Deep 4 CD set from 2011. This might be helpful but it is totally optional. The study does not depend on this set in any way.
- Anyone who wants an “In the Shadows” Digging Deep t-shirt, be sure and order by next Thursday, September 1st at noon at: http://thecolleyhouse.org/store#!/Digging-Deep/c/20688312/offset=0&sort=normal
It’s a Comfort Colors shirt and this is the shirt graphic:
We are always indebted to the elders at the West Huntsville church for their support and oversight. We are thankful for Jennifer Benavides for tech support and for every woman who co-hosts on our monthly podcast. But we are especially thankful for those of you who are committing to, persevering in and inviting to this year’s study. It’s not too late to invite friends. Most of all, we thank the Father through the Son for this great study from the Holy Spirit!
P.S. This is almost positively the week that I am going to meet my first granddaughter! So thanks in advance for the prayers…and patience as your newsfeeds flood with photos! (You can have a turn when you have your first granddaughter and I will ooh and ahh for you!) I love you, sisters! He is so good to us!